Changing the narrative of things that matter. An exhibition at DDW23
Consumer society is running at full speed. The more we surround ourselves with products, the less value or meaning they seem to have to us. How can design today lead to products that will still matter tomorrow?
With this exhibition, The Product Chronicles explores how designers can address and strengthen the connection between user and product. How can design contribute to valuable products in the broadest sense of the word? And thus create a meaningful relationship between people and things?
Presenting work by:
– Aniela Fidler Wieruszewska // Diamond Makers Lab
– Antoine Peters // Hand in hand in hand
– Christien Meindertsma // FLOCKS wool roving in three dimensions
– Nienke Hoogvliet & Tim Jongerius // Kairos
– Noud Sleumer // Wind Pavilions
– Re-gained // presents: Studio Simone Post x Sparo, Atelier Reservé x Boro Atelier, PTSA x UvA x Ahrend
The exhibition is held at Atelier NL’s venue, the Bergmannkerk (church). During The Product Chronicles, Atelier NL offers an open studio, showcasing their latest project ‘Amsterdam Tableware’ and selling their iconic Clayservice. The KoffieKopSalon, a collaborative effort with Residency of the People and the neighborhood, will be producing live works in the studio for two days.
Date & Time:
The Product Chronicles @ Dutch Design Week 2023
Daily from 21 – 29 October, from 11.00 – 18.00
Entrance is free.
More info or press images: via email@example.com
Graphic design by Karen van der Kraats